Ann-Kristin's focus is on advising financial and strategic investors on buy-side/sell-side transaction tax matters, including (vendor) tax due diligence and tax fact books, SPA tax advice, acquisition-related tax structuring and (cross-border) corporate restructurings as well as post-deal tax integration and support. In addition, Ann-Kristin has extensive expertise regarding warranty & indemnity insurance from a transaction tax perspective.
Education and Career
Ann-Kristin studied business law as well as taxation in Osnabrück. Before joining SMP, she was a Senior Manager in the Deals Tax team of PwC.
Ann-Kristin's recent work highlights include:
- Buy-side tax due diligence for strategic and private-equity investors
- Sell-side tax support on transactions (tax fact books / vendor tax due diligence)
- SPA advice from a tax perspective and negotiation of tax clauses
- Advice from a tax perspective on warranty & indemnity insurances
- Tax structuring of acquisitions
- Corporate restructurings
- Post-deal tax integration and support
- Tax support with an IPO at NASDAQ
- German qualified tax advisor (Steuerberaterin)
- LL.M. Taxation (Osnabrück University)
- LL.B. Business Law (Osnabrück University)
- Covid-19 and International Tax Law
Der Betrieb Spezial, 3/2020, 2f. [in German] (together with Nina Schmidt)
- Article "Tax Due Diligence"
in: Berens/Brauner/Knauer/Strauch (eds.), Due diligence in the context of corporate acquisitions, Schäffer-Poeschel publishing house, 8th edition, May 2019 [in German]
- German tax law changes impacting M&A
International Tax Review [USA], 18 March 2016 (together with Alke Fiebig)
- German M&A tax landscape to change post-BEPS
International Tax Review [USA], 17 March 2015 (together with Alke Fiebig)