Ansgar advises funds, corporate groups and startups on all matters of corporate law. He specializes in equity and debt venture financings of young growth-driven enterprises and in M&A and Private Equity transactions.
In this year's The Best Lawyers® in Germany edition the US publishing house in cooperation with business daily Handelsblatt® commend Ansgar as one of Germany's best lawyers for corporate law and venture capital law.
Education and Career
Ansgar studied law at the University of Munich. Throughout his work on his Ph.D. thesis, he worked as a research assistant at Gleiss Lutz. Before joining YPOG, he worked for several years at SMP and Flick Gocke Schaumburg.
Ansgar’s recent work highlights include advising:
- Boldstart Ventures, Creandum, Greyhound Capital, Lead Ventures and various other international venture capital funds on their investments in portfolio companies in Germany
- 42CAP, BlueYard Capital, Headline, Lakestar, Project A Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures and various other German venture capital investors on their investments in portfolio companies
- Choco, Chronext, Flaschenpost, Forto, Homeday, Raisin, share, Taxfix, Tourlane, Zeitgold and many other technology companies on their financing rounds (including venture debt), employee incentive schemes and other corporate law matters
- Shareholders of Flightright on the sale to Intermedia
- Shareholders of Contorion on the sale to Hoffmann Group
- Shareholders of SiaSearch on the sale to ScaleAI
- MDAX-listed Ströer Group on the acquisition of various companies, inter alia Statista and Foodist
- Raisin on the acquisition of MHB-Bank
- Friendsurance on cross-border merger
- Merantix on transformation into a stock corporation as well as in connection with equity financing and spin-off projects
* not a partner within the meaning of the German Partnership Company Act (Partnerschaftsgesellschaftsgesetz – PartGG)
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- Ph.D. in law (Dr. iur.) (Munich University)
- Articles of Association / Rules of Procedure for the Management and the Advisory Board
in: Bank/Möllmann, Venture Capital Agreements in Germany 2017 - (forthcoming)
- Change of Legal Form in the Common Market – Cross-Border Transformation of Companies in Europe
Mohr Siebeck, 2016 - (in German)