Jörn mainly advises financial investors and listed companies on all kinds of national and cross-border transactions and generally on issues of corporate and capital markets law. He also regularly represents his clients in contentious matters.
In this year's The Best Lawyers® in Germany edition the US publishing house in cooperation with business daily Handelsblatt® has recognized Jörn yet again as Lawyer of the Year for Venture Capital Law.
Education and Career
Jörn studied law in Passau, Freiburg and at the University of Chicago. Before joining YPOG, he worked for several years at SMP. Prior to this he was a partner at Hamburg-based law firms Rittstieg Rechtsanwälte as well as Gleiss Lutz.
Before he joined SMP, Jörn's work highlights included advising:
- BPE Private Equity on the sale of BE-terna and the acquisition of Greif-Velox, implico, CEDS and Walter Bornmann
- Värde Partners in connection with its participation in Kreditech
- SinnerSchrader on the public tender offer by Accenture and the subsequent conclusion of a domination agreement
- "K"-Line on the sale of SAL Heavy Lift to Harren
- Sale of PrimaCom to Tele Columbus
- Suhrkamp publishing house in the context of its insolvency plan proceedings as well as its change of legal form into a stock corporation
- Neuhaus Partners and Shortcut Ventures on various participations
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- Ph.D. in law (Dr. iur.) (Freiburg University)
- LL.M. (Chicago)