Lukas' focus is on tax related transaction as well as tax structuring advice, in particular for strategic investors, in a national and international context (inbound and outbound).
He is experienced on buy-side/sell-side transaction tax matters, including (vendor) tax due diligence, acquisition-related tax structuring, (cross-border) corporate restructurings as well as tax related SPA advice.
Lukas also has expertise in tax modeling, flow of funds modelling as well as the elaboration of tax efficient exit strategies.
Education and Career
Lukas studied business administration in Trier and business taxation in Göttingen. Before joining SMP, he worked as a tax advisor at EY, most recently as a manager in the M&A Tax division.
Lukas’ latest projects include
- Buy-side tax due diligence for strategic and private-equity investors
- Sell-side tax support on transactions (tax fact books / vendor tax due diligence)
- SPA advice from a tax perspective and negotiation of tax clauses
- Tax structuring of acquisitions
- National and international corporate restructurings
- Post-deal tax integration and support
- German certified tax advisor (Steuerberater)
- M.Sc. Business Taxation (Goettingen University)
- B.Sc. Business administration (Trier University)