Alexander advises corporates, financial investors and start-ups on M&A and venture capital transactions as well as all matters of corporate law.
Education and Career
Alexander studied law at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg and at the National University of Singapore. During his legal traineeship, Alexander worked for the District Court of Berlin and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. Before joining YPOG, Alexander was an Associate at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where he advised clients on the regulatory aspects of complex Private Equity transactions (particularly in the areas of antitrust and foreign investment control).
Alexander’s recent work highlights include advising (partly in his previous position with an international law firm):
- KKR on the public takeover offer for Axel Springer SE and the subsequent squeeze-out
- Advent International on various investments in the European pharma and chemistry sector, e.g. on the acquisition of the generics manufacturer Zentiva and the acquisition of the methacrylate business of Evonik
- London Stock Exchange Group on the acquisition of the data service provider Refinitiv
- EQT on the sale of a majority shareholding in the cyber security company Utimaco
- Five Seasons Ventures on its investment in the Series B financing round of air up
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)