Fabian is a private-fund lawyer. He advises managers and advisors of venture-capital funds, buyout funds and funds-of-funds. Fabian assists them with setting up the management company and obtaining regulatory permissions under the German Capital Investment Code (KAGB), the German Banking Act (KWG) or the EU Regulation on European venture capital funds (EuVECA). His work focuses on structuring their funds as domestic or foreign structures and on providing legal support for the fundraising in Germany, the EU und the rest of the world. Fabian drafts the fund documentation and assists with the investor negotiations, sets up carry structures and provides ongoing advice to the managers in all fund-related matters.
In addition, Fabian is a member of the Legal and Regulatory Committee of Invest Europe and a member of the Legal Advisory Board of the German Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (BVK).
Education and Career
Fabian studied law and taxation in Frankfurt/Oder, Münster/Westfalen and Barcelona. Prior to joining YPOG, he worked at SMP and as Counsel at P+P Pöllath + Partners in the Private Funds Team.
Fabian's recent work highlights include advising:
- a German buyout sponsor on the fundraising of a Luxembourg-Guernsey structure und providing ongoing advice on governance and tax structuring
- multiple venture-capital managers on obtaining registrations under the German Capital Investments Code (KAGB) or the EU Regulation on European venture capital funds (EuVECA) and on their world-wide fundraising
- a fund-of-funds provider on the spin-out from a bank and on setting up fund structures with an initial portfolio acquired from the bank
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- Ph.D. in law (Dr. iur.) (Frankfurt/Oder University)
- EMBA (Executive MBA) in Taxation (Münster University)