Tim advises and represents corporate clients, private equity and venture capital funds as well as other financial investors on corporate law and M&A transactions. In addition, Tim's practice includes corporate restructurings, capital markets law, and advising on corporate compliance.
In this year's The Best Lawyers® in Germany edition the US publishing house in cooperation with business daily Handelsblatt® commend Tim as one of Germany's best lawyers for capital markets, corporate and mergers and acquisitions law. Germany's leading economic magazine WirtschaftsWoche ranks Tim as a top lawyer for corporate law.
Education and Career
Tim studied law in Freiburg and Munich as well as at Harvard Law School. Before co-founding SMP, Tim was a Counsel with the international law firm Hengeler Mueller.
Tim's recent work highlights include advising (in his previous position with an international law firm):
- Raisin on the acquisition of MHB-Bank AG
- VR Equitpartner on the acquisition of Votronic group
- Partech Partners on its investment in Urban Sports Club
- Founders of Data Artisans on their sale to Alibaba
- Merger of a listed German corporation with a US listed corporation
- Large private equity investor in connection with joint venture investment
- Sale of a large German shipping company for a German family office
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- Ph.D. in law (Dr. iur.) (Munich University)
- LL.M. (Harvard)
- Civil law consequences of breaches of financial sanctions under the European embargo regime
WM 2016, S. 1323-1333 (together with Wolfgang Spoerr) - (in German)
- Exerting pressure in contract negotiations: an economic analysis of German civil law
Munich 2014 - (in German)