Tim advises and represents corporate clients and financial investors on financing rounds and M&A transactions with a focus on the growth segment and the technology and healthcare sectors. In addition, Tim's practice includes general corporate advice, corporate restructurings, capital markets law, and advising on corporate compliance.
The JUVE handbook of German commercial law firms mentions Tim as a frequently recommended advisor in Berlin and for PE and VC transactions in Germany. For The Best Lawyers® in Germany edition, the US publishing house, in cooperation with German business daily Handelsblatt®, named Tim a "lawyer of the year" in Berlin for mergers and acquisitions in 2022 and "lawyer of the year" for capital markets law in 2023, and commends Tim as one of Germany's best lawyers for capital markets, corporate and mergers and acquisitions law. Germany's leading economic magazine WirtschaftsWoche ranked Tim as a top lawyer for corporate law in 2022. IFLR listed Tim as notable practitioner for M&A in 2022.
Education and Career
Tim studied law in Freiburg and Munich as well as at Harvard Law School. Before joining YPOG, Tim was co-founder of SMP in 2017. Prior to this, Tim was a Counsel with the leading German law firm Hengeler Mueller.
Recently, Tim advised primarily on the following mandates:
- Wallaby, Inc. on the acquisition of Phenox group
- Delivery Hero SE on the acquisition of Glovo
- Great Hill Partners on the acquisition of Echobot and Leadfeeder
- Shareholders of sofatutor on the sale to Emeram Partners
- Shareholders of e-bot7 on the sale to LivePerson, Inc.
- Project A on various PE co-investments
- Partech Partners on various financing rounds
- Localglobe on various financing rounds
- Klara Health for its Series B financing round
- TriNetX, LLP on its acquisition of Oncology Information Services
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- Ph.D. in law (Dr. iur.) (Munich University)
- LL.M. (Harvard)
- Civil law consequences of breaches of financial sanctions under the European embargo regime
WM 2016, S. 1323-1333 (together with Wolfgang Spoerr) - (in German)
- Exerting pressure in contract negotiations: an economic analysis of German civil law
Munich 2014 - (in German)