Tobias was admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2017 since which time he has advised on corporate law issues with a particular focus on venture capital, advising both companies and investors on a wide range of investment rounds from Seed through to Series E as well as at Exit.
Since joining YPOG in 2022, Tobias has focused on advising YPOG’s overseas clients looking to invest in the German market, drawing on his international experience and knowledge of the wider European market.
Tobias has also been recognised in "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023" for Corporate Law by business daily Handelsblatt in cooperation with US publishing house Best Lawyers® in Germany.
Education and Career
Tobias studied law at the University of Reading (UK) including a year abroad at Trier University, after which he completed master’s degrees in London and Berlin. He is a native English speaker.
Before joining YPOG, Tobias was a Senior Associate at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP in London and undertook a nine-month secondment with CMS Hasche Sigle in Berlin.
Tobias has most recently advised on the following deals:
- Planet First Partners as part of a €100m Series C financing round of FINN
- Deutsche Invest, Vorwerk Ventures and Burda Principal Investments in relation to the €40m Series C financing round of Habyt
- Atomico on its investments in DeepL and deeploi
- Helsing on its €209m Series B financing round
- Battery Ventures, coparion, DN Capital and Connect Ventures on the US$35m Series B financing round of Lanes & Planes
- Dawn Capital on the exit of LeanIX to SAP
- Molten Ventures (previously Draper Esprit) on its investments in HiveMQ and Morressier
- Burda Principal Investments on its Series A investment in Neotaste
- Five Seasons Ventures and other investors in relation to the sale of their participation in YFood to Nestle
- Mirova on Nuventura's €25m Series A financing round
- Coefficient Capital on its investments in Gaudy Foods (trading as Milano Vice).
During his time at CMS, Tobias advised on the following transactions:
- Lyst on its US$85 million fundraising round
- Behavox on its $100m Series B fundraising round
- Advance Publications, Inc. on its acquisition of Stage Entertainment group
- Ministry of Sound Group on the sale of its record label to Sony Music UK
- Solicitor (England & Wales) (non-practising)
- German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt)
- LL.M. (Humboldt University of Berlin)
- MA (BPP University, London)
- LL.B. (University of Reading)